Thursday, September 27, 2007

Global Mala

I have my new schedule for fall. I have my Tuesday 6 am Hot yoga class, which is pretty much flow at this point. I teach 8 pm Bikram on Wednesday and 6 pm on Sunday Bikram and a Sunday 7:45 Yin Class. I am hoping someone takes at least some of the 4 pm Saturday Bikram classes so I can have a day off, but that is doubtful. Dar wants that time off and Alex isn’t teaching and Karen works her job during that time, so I probably will get most of them. I did not get a flow class but there are so many flow teachers I wasn’t surprised. I am on the sub list so will still get some experience.

Last night I did Alex’s 108 sun salutation class. It was very challenging. We did non-traditional poses in lieu of lung during most of it and we did it on our own, so we were coming up with interesting stuff. By about 74 my stomach hurt and I thought I was going to get sick, but we stuck with it and by the last 20 were re-energized. We did it. I had to teach the Bikram class afterwards for Dar and was sweating a lot just teaching. I drank a lot of water and was stiffening up but did a few poses with the class. Today I am not stiff but can tell I will be when the lactic acid decides where to settle. I thought I would get sore arms and shoulders from all the chatarangas but now am thinking the hips, hammies, and legs may be sore. Depending on how I feel tonight, I might go to Bikram. Dar is really working my last nerve though. She is whining all the time about things and I get tired of it. I hate going to class to take a class and have her pour her bs at me when I want to practice and then expect me to teach. Last night was twice in the last week. Then she wants to trade and wants to tell me what class is convenient for her. A lot of students are getting sick of her too.

I get complimented a lot on my Bikram classes probably because I am not focused on myself like she is all the time. I try to help people, not use it for my own self-therapy. I gave two people props last night. I know other teachers won’t do that but if they need it, I am giving it to them. This one girl who was new had really bad pain in her knees during bow so I gave her a strap and she had no pain. What could be wrong with that?

I feel crabby today though. I just feel like everyone is unloading on me, especially at work and I have problems and my own stuff to sort out and I just get so sick of everyone whining all the time. I will offer them a great big cup of STFU! LOL

No comments: